- A brand new home page voted by the public in July 2010
- A new interactive “Our Locations” map of NARA’s facilities nationwide
- Historical documents and streamlined access to military service records (81 percent of Archives.gov visitors are looking for this information)
- Single topically organized sections focused on the needs of both casual browsers and professional researchers
- Easy links to National Archives’ social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, and both the Archivist's AOTUS blog and other National Archives blogs.
According to NARA the public and National Archives staff participated in the redesign process. A multi-faceted participatory approach, including online card sorts, voting on home page designs, and usability testing was used to gather input to create content organization on Archives.gov.
They are looking for your input. You can contact us at email@example.com.