Amazon has just announced the release of the Kindle 2 and everyone seems to be talking about it - Paul Allen was raving about it on his blog! And I can really see why. The Kindle 2 is for one purpose: reading books. And it does that more efficiently than ever.
1. Slim & Lightweight: Just over 1/3 inch and 10.2 ounces
2. Books in under 60 seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
3. Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for crisp images and text; even reads well in bright sunlight
4. Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
5. More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
6. Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
7. Read-to-Me: Text-to-Speech feature means Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud.
8. No Wireless Bills: No monthly wireless bills, data plans, or commitments. Amazon pays for Kindle's wireless connectivity so you won't see a monthly wireless bill.
9. Large Selection: Over 230,000 books, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines and blogs available
10. Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise
The Kindle 2 is available for pre-order starting today for $359 and will ship later this month . There are also a wide variety of Kindle accessories available, including new covers and car accessories...